Are you ready to join an organization where we focus on People First, have fun at work and make a difference in what we do?
Dairyland is proud of our People First culture centered around appreciation, celebrating wins and collaboration. We’ve worked hard to ensure alignment between our culture and our processes and systems, learning and development and rewards and recognition programs.
As a team, we work together to leverage the team’s diverse perspectives, ideas and experiences to deliver nothing less than the best. We are collaborative, transparent and committed to our People and their work experience, growth and professional development.
FIBER AND TECHNOLOGY STRATEGIST
The Fiber and Technology Strategist is responsible to lead, plan and oversee the development and execution of Dairyland’s fiber sales and utilization strategy and business functions. Determine objectives and establish operating processes and procedures to create and maintain financial soundness and profitability while ensuring optimum service to customers. Coordinate the acquisition of new accounts and maintenance of customer relationships while developing and providing solutions that satisfy customer requirements.
The Impact You'll Make In This Role:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Develop and execute a plan to grow business based on targeted sales and/or other measures.
2. Manage customer development, proposals, pricing, negotiation, contracts, account expansion and customer service functions.
3. Establish and maintain relationships with new and existing customers through correspondence and face-to-face contact to ensure customer satisfaction and loyalty.
4. Identify customer needs and coordinate with Telecom and others to develop creative solutions and ensure customer satisfaction and solutions for customer requirements.
5. Perform capacity planning and budgeting as it relates to network infrastructure and assess network demand and design solutions for current and future network requirements.
6. Maintain excellent relationships with vendors, contractors, and members while carrying out the responsibilities of the position and network with other telecommunication providers to develop and cultivate working relationships to enhance services and access new markets.
7. Oversee the development of current/updated/relevant marketing materials.
8. Assist with compiling and managing an annual budget to support growth and future requirements.
9. Research and support application for funding opportunities (grants, low interest loans, etc.) that allow Dairyland to meet or exceed member needs with the lowest possible cost.
10. Research new and emerging technologies that help achieve strategic goals; evaluate new business and expansion opportunities; and recommend new services to leadership.
11. Ensure business operations comply with applicable federal, state, and local regulations; support and keep abreast of bylaws, guidelines, policies/procedures and philosophies relative to the department.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
Your Experience and Expertise:
Education & Experience: Bachelor’s degree in engineering or information technology or related field plus a minimum of ten years of experience managing or directing a broadband or technology related business. Extensive prior experience involving customer relations.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Strong customer focus and communication skills. Extensive organizational, project and matrix management skills and the ability to complete tasks in a multi-disciplinary team environment. Broad knowledge and expertise of telecommunications and fiber-optic technology. Understanding of general utility communication specifications, operations, installations, and general knowledge of all industry related equipment and procedures.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand/sit; walk; use hands/fingers to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are committed to providing our greatest asset, our People, with as many perks and benefits as possible. Some benefits of working with us include:
- Health & disability benefits (medical, dental, vision, short & long-term disability) - Life insurance - Generous 401(k) and Pension Plans - Paid Time Off - Robust Wellness Program - New Flexible Work Program - Tuition Reimbursement - So much more!
Dairyland Power Cooperative is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, contact our HR Department at 608-788-4000.
Dairyland is proud of its history as a pioneer in rural electrification. The generation and transmission cooperative formed in 1941, bringing light and power to the homes and farms in “America’s Dairyland.” Specifically serving rural communities and countryside, Dairyland continues to ease work conditions and improve quality of life for residents by delivering a safe, reliable supply of energy in its four-state service territory.