South Central Indiana REMC (SCI REMC) is a not-for-profit electric distribution, member-owned cooperative. The cooperative is a leader in distribution technology and is headquartered in a new and progressive facility in Martinsville, Indiana. SCI REMC serves seven counties including Morgan, Monroe, Owen, Brown, Johnson, Putnam and Clay with over 3,542 miles of energized lines and 33,549 meters serving 28,007 members. SCI REMC is excited to have launched the fiber division nearly two years ago and bringing broadband services to its members’ homes and businesses.
We are seeking a skilled professional who enjoys a broad level of responsibility and is also interested in furthering their knowledge of network architecture plus leadership. This is a unique opportunity with a progressive, employee-focused company to expand the position with your unique skills and provide a valuable service to improve people’s lives.
Major responsibilities include:
• being a leader and a team player in designing, implementing, and maintaining network services and systems including the hardware and software supporting our data and voice communications services.
• researching and implementing industry best practices in networking to provide optimum data and voice services to SCI Fiber subscribers.
• developing, planning and engineering FTTx and Ethernet transport networks including the hardware, software, telecom power and overseeing equipment, programs, and services vital in maintaining the delivery of quality broadband service, while providing engineering and technical support for the Fiber Division to achieve reliable network service and a high level of member/subscriber experience satisfaction.
• oversees day-to-day operations and utilizes the company’s Service Provider network to provide data, voice, video, Ethernet transport and other services to member/subscribers, as well as the back-office networking required for administrative support.
• actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the member/subscriber experience.
• collaborates with various coworkers for service order processing, billing, network capacity, network operation, and sales development.
If you meet the qualifications below, please apply on our website with you resume, cover letter and salary expectations to: www.sciremc.com/careers Completing a PI assessment is a part of the application process. Do not apply on any other website – apply only on the South Central Indiana REMC website. No Phone Calls, please!
EDUCATION: Bachelor of Computer Technology, Electronic Engineering, relevant technical fields, or equivalent experience. Professional level certifications, such as Cisco CCNA/CCNP or equivalent is preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of five plus years’ experience related to planning and operation of a Service Provider Internet core and Ethernet transport network. Expert knowledge of planning, development, and implementation of FTTx networks, ring technology, and routing protocols with demonstrated ability to lead a team. Related work experience to include (but not be limited to): Microsoft, Linux, Cisco, Calix, Nokia. Virtualization, storage solutions, and security experience are preferred.
• Extensive and demonstrated knowledge of routers and switches supporting ISP network, FTTx, LAN/WANs, WLANs, Metro Ethernet, MPLS, DWDM, fiber plant, and telecom power. • Extensive and demonstrated knowledge of advanced IP routing protocols such as OSPF, IS-IS, BGP and use of route propagation, traffic shaping, and ACL’s with global routing through upstream provider’s AS. • In depth understanding of IP network QoS techniques (DiffServ, RSVP, Queuing, Traffic Policing/Shaping) and deployment practice in large networks. • Ability to install, configure, and troubleshoot various server applications and services such as FreeRADIUS, MySQL, DHCP/BOOTP, DNS, SMTP, etc. • Experience with the installation, configuration and maintenance of various network management platforms and protocols (i.e. Solarwinds, Cacti, SNMPc, SNMP, NetFlow, etc.) • Experience writing and developing detailed Engineering Packages and Method of Procedures. • Experienced technical writing skills sufficient to produce white papers, test cases, test plans, design documents, and technical diagrams. • Previous working knowledge of related ISP/ Fiber department installation and working functions and procedures. • Effective communication skills, analytical skills, and comprehension skills are required with members and coworkers. • Ability to assume responsibility, exercise sound judgment and coach less experienced personnel. • Ability to work independently and execute highly technical and complex tasks • Maintain a valid Indiana Vehicle Operator’s License • Must be a team player and contribute to the success of the fiber division and overall corporate goals of the REMC and be able to work effectively daily with diverse teams and members. • Self-motivated to take ownership of assigned projects deliverables to meet deadlines with a strong work ethic and a desire to meet and exceed personal and business goals. • Ability to learn and adapt to innovative technologies and methodologies. Must be able to think outside-of-the box and exercise innovation. • Strong organizational and analytical skills with attention to detail. • Willing to learn and abide by the REMC’s ethics policies and be a professional and ethical representative. • Must have the ability to communicate patiently, respectfully and effectively with all levels of people internally as well as externally. • Must be regular in work attendance.
SCI REMC is an EOE Minorities/Women/Disability/Veteran
About South Central Indiana REMC
Hoosier Energy is a generation and transmission cooperative serving 18 member electric cooperatives in central and southern Indiana and southeastern Illinois.