The Cox Business Sales Engineer II consults with and supports the sales team and network operations in selling complex Cloud, telephony, data, video, wireless, and internet bandwidth solutions to the largest and most complex prospective and existing business customers; to ensure that Cox sells and delivers applications
that best meet customers’ needs; to educate and consult with customers about how to select and use Cox services effectively; to coordinate technical aspects of service delivery with other members of the service delivery team, Product Management teams and Network Operations/Cox Business Engineering and Operations; to help identify, develop, and implement new products.
The position works independently in the field 50% of the week or more. Most time is spent meeting with and supporting existing customers at their premises. Incumbent will use a personal vehicle for extensive local travel (with reimbursement for travel). The role is part of a goal-driven, sales organization with objectives to grow revenue quickly. Incumbent will manage their own schedule.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
• Meets with prospective and existing customers and with other members of the sales team to collect and analyze information required to assess customers’ communication needs in detail.
• Partners with other members of the Sales team and interfaces with customers and vendors to develop Cox Business proposals and associated technical specifications, and respond to RFPs, as needed to ensure their technical integrity.
• Designs how the customer’s network fits with Cox network architecture. Partners with Network Ops/ Cox Business Engineering and Operations to ensure that design and specifications meet customer needs and to ensure network availability/serviceability before orders are finalized.
• Works with product managers and Network Ops/ Cox Business Engineering and Operations as an active member of product rollout teams to ensure the sales team’s understanding of new products and to provide technical feedback to the product team, as appropriate. Works with the Product Development team to ensure the feasibility of all new/custom products and solutions where applicable.
• Develops and delivers technical presentations to internal/external groups as needed.
• Supports the sales organization as the technical subject matter expert. Support may include attending sales calls, delivering technical portions of the sales presentation, explaining why Cox’s proposed solution is the right one, and negotiating technical aspects of the proposal, as needed. May attend vendor meetings and perform site surveys, as required.
• Coordinates internal technical resources necessary to develop sales proposals and sales presentations, and respond to RFPs (e.g., data ops, equipment vendors) on complex, technical solutions.
• Provides technical assistance to customers, other members of the Sales team, and Project Managers to coordinate cutovers to Cox services to ensure a smooth and consistent customer installation experience.
• Cultivates consulting relationships with customers, forming relationships at multiple levels to provide appropriate solutions and develop future business opportunities. Meets with customers as needed to review their accounts.
Maintains in-depth knowledge of their business and changing technical needs; makes changes and solves problems as required. Educates customers.
• Monitors network, traffic, and trunk utilization and makes recommendations to ensure optimization of customers’ voice and data network and identify opportunities for upselling (where capability exists).
• Maintains documentation of customer’s voice and data network, as required.
• Attends job-related training to increase knowledge of Cox and competitor telephony, data, and video services/solutions, customer premise equipment, networking, consultation, negotiation, and sales skills; attends strategic and/or development meetings with Sales management.
• Participates in internal meetings to create product packages, communicate and coordinate sales projects with other internal parties, implement new products, solve problems, and keep up-to-date with information about Cox.
• BS/BA in related discipline with 3 or more years of experience or 5 or more years of experience in related field.
• 3 years telecommunications (Cloud, telephony, data, and video) engineer or sales engineer experience
• Valid driver’s license, good driving record, reliable transportation
• 6 months’ work experience using Windows-based PCs, Microsoft Office
• Excellent skill in adaptability, applied learning, building relationships, written communication, industry awareness, expanding and advancing opportunities, formal presentation skills, high impact communication, IP Infrastructure and Convergence, continuous learning, PC skills, reasoning, sustained customer satisfaction, product knowledge and technical acumen, and technical consultation and guiding sales opportunities, in order to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
• BS/BA in related discipline strongly desired
• Experience in telecommunications industry desired
• 3 years business-to-business outside sales or sales engineer experience
• Prefer certification completion of Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) program or equivalent, Metro Ethernet Carrier Ethernet Certified Professional, SIP School or equivalent, Cisco Certified Network Associate – Service Provider or equivalent, Cisco Certified Network Associate – Wireless or equivalent, Nuage Network Professional – SD-WAN or equivalent.
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We’re dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Internal Number: 201139
About Cox Business
At Cox Communications, we believe life gets better with more moments of real, human connection. Cox is known for connecting people to a better future with our cable, internet and home security solutions. As the largest private telecom company in America, Cox serves approximately 6 million residences and businesses. Cox Business is a technology solutions leader offering networking and security services to businesses of all sizes and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.